BMS191 Lecture 1: BMS191 Notes (Entire Subject)

235 views236 pages
3 Aug 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Topic 1 intro, homeostasis, anatomical terms & body cavities. Anatomy is the study of body structures and their relationship to each other: gross anatomy. Gross anatomy is the study of relatively large structures that are usually visible with the unaided eye: microscopic anatomy. Physiology is the study of how the body normally functions (i. e. in the non-diseased state). Firstly, how parts of the body work (i. e. their physiology) are intimately related to their structure (i. e. their anatomy) Provides a language that allows you to talk to other medical professionals and scientists (anywhere in the world). Learning about how your body works is fun: what are the six characteristics of living organisms, metabolism all the chemical processes that occur in the human body. Can be due to an increase in: number of cells, size of cells, amount of surrounding material. Functions protection from environmental hazards, temperature control: skeletal system components bones, joints and associated cartilage.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers