FMST 201 Chapter Notes - Chapter 1: Tv Dinner, Human Nature

85 views3 pages

Document Summary

Chapter one: the complexity of managing family resources. Key concepts of family resource management: interdependency of individuals, dynamic environment, a conscious effort to meet basic needs for all individuals within the family unit. Traditional family- the idea that a traditional family exists from which students can compare and contrast other nontraditional family units. Resource: (i. e. identifying how to spend money on groceries for the week) Management: (i. e. choices must be made and evaluated continually) The identification of resources to meet specific needs is guided by: culture, availability, and accessibility (i. e. a person prefers pasta over pizza but pizza is the only thing available) The larger the pool of resources, the higher the probability that needs will be met efficiently and effectively. Families may substitute some resources for others depending on their situational variables (i. e. tv dinner v. feast) Money is substituted for time in resource selection (i. e. fast food, airline travel, and lawn-care services)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers