ME 4853 Chapter : Turbomachinery Syllabus

192 views3 pages
15 Mar 2019
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Preliminary design of axial- and radial-flow pumps, compressors and turbines; determination of optimum flow angles and dimensions, blade design, blade selection, and performance prediction. The design of high-efficiency turbomachinery and gas turbines, david. Gordon wilson and theodosios korakianitis, the mit press, 2014. Thermodynamics (me 2334) (required) and fluid mechanics (me 3834) (required); senior classification required. Preliminary design of axial- and radial-flow pumps, compressors, and turbines; Determination of optimum flow angles and dimensions, blade design, blade selection, and performance prediction. You will learn how to analyze pump, compressor, and turbine performance; learn to design impellers, blades, and fans. The course leads to the outcomes (either in full or in part) identified in (i), (iv), (v) and (vi) of lsu me attributes. The design analysis is often carried out using commercial software such as ansys, matlab, ms excel. (v) this course offers the fundamental knowledge on turbomachinery theory and design.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers