MODR 1760 Study Guide - Final Guide: Phi Beta Kappa Society, Metaphysical Poets, Ad Hominem

205 views7 pages

Document Summary

Distinguish between the conclusion and the premise in the following arguments: premise1: all rational beings are responsible for their actions. Conclusion: all human beings are responsible for their actions: premise1: he is an atheist. Conclusion: jones does not attend church: premise1: the plaster began to crack after it was completed. Conclusion: someone must have been taking graft: premise1: dropping the bomb on hiroshima caused great suffering. Conclusion: we ought not to have done it: premise1: the accident took place while she was engaged in city business. Conclusion: the city should reimburse the mayor for her hospital expenses: premise1: only those who can quote large chunks of that material can pass a test on it. Premise2: i know hardly any of it by heart. Conclusion: it is useless for me to try: premise1: all nature is a circle of moods. Conclusion: i will be master of my emotions: premise1: it will be good for his condition.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers