According to one of the authors of this text (Dan Glenday), Canadian criminologists have largely ignored the link between unemployment and property crimes in Canada. Instead, they have focused on more “sophisticated” theories that suggest “dysfunctional family backgrounds” as the cause for property crimes or differential association and labelling theories. Why do you think Canadian criminologists have ignored the link between unemployment and property crimes?
1. (13 pts) Let x represents the number of toppings for a large pizza at an Italian cafe. The probability distribution of X appears in the accompanying table.
You are the marketing director of Football Federation of India. Soccer as a sport although very interesting is not a popular audience sport in India. How would you generate consumer interest in Football? Create a marketing plan for making Football as a consumer sport using the marketing mix principles.
In a particular economy, currency held by the public is 1,000 shekels, bank reserves are 200 shekels, and the desired reserve-deposit ratio is 0.2. what is the money supply? How is the money supply affected if the central bank prints 100 shekels and uses this new currency to buy government bonds from the public? Assume that the public does not wish to change the amount of currency it holds.
Which of the following statements is correct?
- A) Marketing is the term used to refer only to the sales function within a firm.
- B) Marketing managers don't usually get involved in production or distribution decisions.
- C) Marketing is an activity that considers only the needs of the organization; not the needs of society as a whole.
- D) Marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.
- Marketing that moves away from a transaction-based effort to a conversation (i.e. two-way dialogue) and can be described as a situation or mechanism through which marketers and a customer (e.g. stakeholders) interact usually in real-time is known as:
- Direct Marketing
- Electronic marketing
- Interactive Marketing
- Indirect Marketing
Using the web, locate, post and compare the mission statement of three health organizations (American cancer society, American Red Cross and national kidney foundation)
To better the rural community it serves, XYZ Hospital has instituted a remote patient monitoring system for patients with pacemakers. Patients use a smart phone app to download the information collected by the pacemaker that is then sent to their physicians on a more frequent basis than a regularly scheduled doctor's appointment. Because the data is collected more frequently, the doctor's can identify cardiac issues before they become a real problem requiring the patient to be admitted. Benefits to telehealth include:
A. Access to patient information
B. Reducing hospitalization
C. Providing information to healthcare providers
D. Population health
#4 Match the diagnostic test with the correct description.
C&S obtaining clean urine for testing and/or culture
Uremia lab test to identify bacteria and appropriate antibiotic
Clean catch, mid-stream blood test to measure kidney filtration function
BUN high levels of waste products in the blood
Creatinine clearance test to determine levels of urea nitrogen or waste product in blood
Laura Santos, a 32-year-old patient at Kingstown Medical Clinic, is seeing Dr. Santos for the first time since her last wellness visit last year. Sarah, the clinical medical assistant, takes Laura's vital signs and measures her weight and height. Laura has gained 25 pounds since her last visit, and complains of fatigue every day. Laura tells the medical assistant that she often feels drowsy, her nails have become brittle, and she's very sensitive to cold temperature. Sarah documents this information in the patient's medical record and kindly tells the patient that Dr. Santos will be with her momentarily.
Based on Laura's symptoms, you would suspect ______ to be the physician's diagnosis.
D. Conn's syndrome