MadhumithaMadurai Kamaraj University
16. A co-worker cut his wrist on a bandsaw and is bleeding severely. Blood is spurting from an arterial bleed. Direct pressure is not controlling the bleeding. What is the best treatment?
○ Use a pressure point.
○ Tape a bandage more firmly over the wound.
○ Hold the arm below the level of the heart.
○ Apply a tourniquet.
01. An 11 -year-old boy was playing soccer when he was kicked in the knee. He fell to the ground in pain. What would make you suspect this injury is more serious and may need emergency treatment?
○ The boy states that his knee really hurts.
○ The boy says he heard a snap.
○ The boy is holding his knee and not letting anyone touch it.
○ The knee looks deformed.
04. You notice that a 6-month-old infant is not awake, not moving, and not breathing normally. The infant's skin is blue. What would make you suspect the infant is unconscious from choking?
⚪ There are grapes on the floor around the infant's body and you believe there is one missing.
⚪ A sibling told you that the baby was choking before you got there.
⚪ The infant was gasping for breath and unable to speak.
⚪ When you attempt to breathe air into the lungs, the air will not go in regardless of your attempt to re-position the airway.
05. When using an alcohol-based hand gel to disinfect your hands, what is one important step?
⚪ Make sure to rub your hands together for no less than 90 seconds.
⚪ Use at least 3 ounces of hand gel.
⚪ Rub all around your hands and fingers, and cover all surface areas.
⚪ Rub the palms only of the hands together. The back of the hands do not need hand gee.
07. What is the most effective way to stop an arterial bleed when there is no object still in the wound?
⚪ Tie a tourniquet at least 5 inches above the laceration in order to ensure control of bleeding.
⚪ Raise the limb above the heart and walk the victim to the car.
⚪ Use pressure points above and below the injury.
⚪ Apply direct pressure on the laceration with a gloved hand or clean/sterile dressing.
09. You find an infant in a safe environment who is not moving and not breathing normally. What would be the correct course of action?
○ Begin back slaps and chest thrusts.
○ Call 911 and begin infant CPR.
○ Perform a finger sweep followed by chest thrusts and back slaps.
○ Yell for help and carry the victim to a neighbor's house.
17. A co-worker cut his wrist on a bandsaw and is bleeding severely. Blood is spurting from an arterial bleed. Direct pressure is not controlling the bleeding. What is the best treatment?
⚪ Use a pressure point.
⚪ Tape a bandage more firmly over the wound.
⚪ Hold the arm below the level of the heart.
⚪ Apply a tourniquet.
20. What is the advantage of having a commercially available glucose gel or liquid available to treat a diabetic emergency?
⚪ The sugar in these is made from only natural corn syrup.
⚪ lt's easier to store, more stable, and designed to absorb quickly.
⚪ The glucose tastes better and is made from orange juice.
⚪ lt is sugar-free and therefore will not cause complications with low blood sugar.
What is the most common way that active transport OCCurs in the cell?
A. Particles flow into the cell through holes in the cell membrane.
B. Pumps embedded in the cell membrane use energy to bring particles into the cell.
C. Particles simply follow the concentration gradient.
D. Organelles leave the cell, gather particles, and bring them back into the cell.