BUS 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Flat Organization, Fokker E.Ii, Chief Operating Officer

48 views7 pages

Document Summary

Agenda #1- organizations: organizational structure, basic issue of accomplishing an objective, the framework of jobs and departments that direct the behavior of individuals and groups toward achieving the organization"s objectives b. i. Organizes people to focus on specific activities b. i. a. b. i. b. b. i. c. Allows business to create value for customers: all organizations need some structure: c. i. Gateway app project team: particular organizational structure depends on: d. i. Determining what the most appropriate form of authority is for the. Importance of rapid response to changes in the marketplace employees of the organization: organizational structures: e. i. Flat organizations: e. i. a. e. i. b. e. i. b. i. e. i. b. ii. e. i. c. e. i. d. e. i. e. e. i. f. One person serves as coordinator of many activities. Large number of employees reporting to a supervisor. Studies suggest that there is a trend toward the flat e. i. g. organization model. Fewer managers managing managers e. i. g. ii. e. i. g. iii. e. i. g. iv. e. i. h. Managers have many people to oversee e. i. h. ii. e. i. h. iii. Employees lack a specific boss to report to.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers