EBTM 337 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Database Security, Unique Key, Foreign Key

80 views5 pages

Document Summary

Information granularity- refers to the extent of detail within the information. Transactional information- encompasses all of the information contained within a single business process or unit of work, and its primary purpose is to support the performing of daily operational tasks (i. e. airline ticket, sales receipt, and packing slip) Analytical information- encompasses all organizational information, and its primary purpose is to support the performing of managerial analysis tasks (i. e. product statistics, sales projections, future growth, and trends) Real-time system- provides real-time information in response to requests. Characteristics of high-quality information: accurate, complete, consistent, unique, timely. Potential business effects resulting from low-quality information include: Database- maintains information about various types of objects (i. e. inventory), events (i. e. transactions), people (i. e. (i. e. transactions), people (i. e. employees), and places (i. e. (i. e. transactions), people (i. e. employees), and places (i. e. warehouses) Database management systems (dbms)- allows users to create, read, update, and delete in a relational database. Data element- the smallest or basic unit of information.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers